Kitchens and Cabinets
Give me a call or email me some photos of your kitchen and cabinets.
How do we paint?
- Remove doors to spray off-site in our workshop
- We arrange a day where we come by to spray all the carcasses and any other exterior items that are fixed in place
- Depending on the size of the kitchen the carcasses can take 1-2 days to complete
- We mask out the surrounding areas, walls, floors and interior of the cupboards and drawers.
- Prep includes sanding and thorough cleaning.
- We seal the room with an extractor fan to mitigate dust and fumes (if using solvents)
- Primer/undercoat goes on first after drying, we sand primer and do surface repairs; old holes, cracks, damage is filled and repaired, raw mdf is filled and sanded topcoat can then be applied
- Doors turnaround 1-2 weeks depending on number of doors and type of surface
- Our paint suppliers can mix to any common colour scheme
- If the supplier does not have a colour in their system a colour sample card can be sent to them to be matched for an extra fee.
- Colour representations on screen are not always very accurate so look at a variety of different images to get an idea of colour.
- Google image searches of kitchens by colour can be a helpful way to narrow down the options.
- Physical colour charts are the best way to view a colour but online viewing can help narrow down the search
- Our paint can be applied to different gloss levels, 10% 30% 50% and full. We do recommend 30-50 percent gloss for cabinets.
How much will it cost?
Pricing for cabinets is difficult to assess without seeing the project.
Surface is the main factor and different surfaces require different levels of surface preparation. Raw MDF and wood are the most time consuming surfaces requiring significant amounts of sanding. Likewise elaborate mouldings or detail also adds to the time required
Vinyl wrapped mdf or other similar surfaces in really good shape require less prep.
As a rough guideline, figure anywhere from £65 per door alone , £100 per cabinet (including exterior carcass, plinths, mouldings) and £50 per drawer. Starting at around £1000 for a small kitchen. Larger kitchens, wood surfaces, decorative mouldings and distance from our shop also effects pricing. A large full wooden kitchen, including previously painted wood carcasses, mouldings, plinths and open shelves can run upwards of £2000.
Email some photos to me and I can get back to you with an estimate.
We also occasionally run special offers on kitchens so give me a call and we’ll see what we can do.
Some Samples of our PVC spraying
News and announcements
Regarding COVID, we are still working although face some delays obtaining certain materials and PPE.
If visiting your house we practice social distancing and mask wearing.
If you need to postpone works due to vulnerable people present at home we are happy to accomodate and re-schedule!
With COVID and everyone at home we have had a huge upsurge in work requests and jobs. We appreciate your patience for delays responding to messages!
Our site is under a massive update right now and we will be adding more photos and content. Stay tuned!